Aerospace Valley is bringing the second edition of the Copernicus Hackathon – Climathon to Bordeaux, Montpellier and Toulouse on the 25th and 26th of October . This event aims at fighting climate change with innovative solutions using satellite data, and is a clever mix between:
- – The Climathon, focusing on Climate change and supported by Climate-KIC as part of the global event (104 cities, 45 countries)
- – The Copernicus Hackathonn, Focusing on the use of satellite images to meet those climate challenges, supported and labelled by the European Commission
The objective of this event is to foster the emergence of new ideas and the creation of start-ups. To win the competition, the teams will have to deliver in 24 hours innovative solutions with high growth potential, using satellite data to fight climate changes.
Join us and have fun and be part of a Worldwide Climate Movement !
- Who can join?
Everyone above 18 and resident of EU Member States, including Norway and Iceland.
Cost: Participation is free of charge. Meals will be provided for the whole duration of the event.
- Alone or as a team ?
It’s up to you. If you are alone we’ll play the matchmaker to help you out to find a team. Ideal teams have 3-5 members with a mix of relevant skills in Business, Climate and Space.
- What if I’m not a space or climate scientist?
Don’t worry ! Come as you are ! You just need to be an enthusiastic and passionate. By the way, did you know, that mutidiscipliary teams usually create the best solutions ?
- Why should I join?
Want to meet inspiring and like-minded people with innovative ideas in an enthusiastic atmosphere ?
Want to enhance your skills and learn others ?
Want to create solutions that can lead to the development of an actual startup.
REGISTRATION : here
- Output and Selection Criteria
Output : At the end of the 24hours each team has to deliver a presentation (powerpoint, prezi, … ). A quick demonstration of your solution thanks to the tools put at your disposal during the event would be a plus.
Ownership: Participants will own the intellectual property rights to all the business concepts and developments made during the Copernicus Hackathon & Climathon.
Selection Criteria : A selection board will be appointed to select the most promissing project at the end of the Hackathon. The solutions presented will be evalutated based on the following evaluation criteria:
- – Relevance to the hackathon topic – Weigth : 25 %
- – Interest of the project (Is the project innovative ?) Does it create value for the users ? Is it feasible technically ?) – Weight : 50%
- – Quality of the team (technical and business expertise, understanding of the thematic arean commitmnet to the project) – Weight 25 -%
Warm Up Event
A dedicated time for Preparation&Trainings and Team Makematching with 3 sessions on :
- – How to build a Business Plan and How to deliver a great pitch
- – Discussion about the challenges proposed with Climate and Space experts
- – Presentation of the Tools provided by our Space partners
The warm-up date and agenda will be updated soon!
A 24 hours event to invent solution to fight climate changes with satelites data. During the event, the team will be supported by
- Climate Experts
- Space Experts
- Bsuiness Coaches
The event starts on Friday 25th of October at 1 PM and ends on on Saturday 26th of October at 6 pm
Copernicus Hackathon & Climathon Challenges
Come and solve the climate challenges faced by the cities of Bordeaux, Montpellier and Toulouse with Copernicus space data and tools! Join us to 24 hous-experiment of pure creativity inspired by our climate and space experts.
Do I need an idea? Just your inspiration is required! You can also join others with an idea.
What if I have an idea? That’s a good start and you will develop your idea further with experts’ advice and other team members.
Be clear on one point: the demonstration of your solution needs to be based on a software program which is developed “from scratch” so don’t work too much on your idea before the event!
- Urban Soft Mobility
- Renewable Energy
- Urban Expansion
- Green Sea and Air Travel
- Climate Risk Management
- Urban Heat Management
- Health impact and vunlnerability
- Wildlife protection